View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 01:48 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finz View Post
Thanks LL, this was a totally free one. I have no doubt it would come with pressure to sign up for the whole program. Not gonna happen ! I just want to see IF I could manage one class.

Even if I were to be successful at this one, I've got a senior in high school and a sophomore coming up. No tuition money left for mommy ! For 6/7 years anyway....and even then I couldn't justify it. Unless WC decides to start approving treatment that might improve my condition, there's no way I can work.

Even if I could do coursework one class at a time, I'm not paying $50,000 just to say I HAVE my masters, that I can't do anything with.....as much as I would like to say I 'got' it
OK-this makes more sense! (I was more than a little thrown that it was YOU making this post...) But, you might very well still qualify for a scholarship (even if your household income keeps you from receiving financial aid) based on your disability. If it's not for a potential career, and you're not in the classroom (getting out of the house and socializing) it might not be worth the CDR risk when you are essentially learning independently and can get the same result with just reading the texts. I'm sure you've thought this through yourself, but sometimes I like stating the obvious.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote