View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 06:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryA View Post
You know, I think burning sensation might be due to muscle tightness. Because it varies from posterior trunk to anterior trunk, I have to question any nerve damage in either cervical or thoracic spine-- they are served by different nerves.

You've tried everything else, why not try therapeutic massage for the soft tissue sensations? Trigger points in the scalenes of the neck can refer pain to all sorts of places--into the arm or, conversely, down the back.

However, the burning sensation may be caused by sensory nerves and not motor nerves (muscles have both). The burning can also be ischemia (muscles and skin not getting enough oxygen).

For whatever it is worth, IMO you should book a session with a massage therapist. It won't cause you any more harm, and it may eliminate some of your problems.

If you touch my skin it its not soar to the touch but it will make the burning pain worse. God forbid you rub or message it I would be in a lot of burning pain.

The funney thing is that when I had the burning in my chest and tightness in my throat I went for myofacial message therapy. It helped lossen my neck muscles and helped tightness in throat but did notthing for mychest. At the time my back had no issues or burning.

Over next 2 months around the time I started on SSRI's my back started to burn and my chest buring went away. I was still going for messages and wife was rubbing me at home too. It helped the back burnin a little while rubbing but once stopped it would come back. Now back then you could touch or rub my back but now its just got so senstive you can't I havent had anyone rub my back in over a month.

Could a pinched nerve in my back even cause this? Its defenitily a sensory issue here. I am at a loss. I am thinking about stopping Lexapro but not sure.

Is there any other tests I can go for? Does this sound like nerve problem?
bent98 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote