View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Based on your testing:

I'd start Benfotiamine (a better form of B1)... this may help.
This vitamin when low impacts carb metabolism, alcohol metabolism (not just ethanol) and nerve functions.
Start at 2 a day for a month, and see what happens. If you respond well, continue for 3 months and you may be able to reduce to 1 a day after that.
http://www.iherb.com/Doctor-s-Best-B...e-Caps/42?at=0

Do you drink alcohol alot? This can really irritate the throat in some people.

The RX 50,000 IU D2 does not work. There are studies showing it doesn't. I have that information on my D thread I gave you, near the end of the thread. (it is new information).

Purchase a D3 OTC of your choice and use that. Please read the D thread. Suggested doses daily are: 1000IU D3 for every 10 points you need to raise. Use the target of 50 for now, which is the new low normal level. That would be 3000 IU daily. I think the body handles daily use better than huge bolus doses infrequently. You can buy a 50,000 IU D3 if you want to use it weekly like the poor RX version.

You can test that herniation in the back with ICE treatment.
Put a Ice pack back there twice a day with a thin cloth to protect your skin. YOu know the location of the defect so that should help your placement. There are ganglia along the spine also and they can have virus or toxic damage to the cells, and send aberrant pain signals all over. Do the ice and see if those diminish. One virus that lives in those dorsal root ganglia is Herpes. Herpes Zoster especially. They can be active without progressing to full blown shingles. A blood test for both Herpes Simplex and Zoster can be done to show antibodies to them. High Zoster readings may indicate activity with this virus. Cold typically puts into sleep mode. Also high arginine intake can activate Zoster, so watch your food: The ratio of l-lysine to arginine is important for some people. If you eat high arginine content food, or take arginine in supplements, you may need l-lysine to balance it.

http://www.herpes.com/Nutrition.shtml

Your B2 is somewhat low... B2 is important for conversion of pyridoxine to active pyridoxal in the body, as it is a cofactor in that enzyme called pyridoxal kinase. The blood work for B6 does not separate this out ...so your B6 may be actually looking good, but be inactive. Taking a B-50 complex may help.
Or you can take this... active form of B6 with B2 added:
I'd suggest the P5P first.

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-P-5-P...blets/740?at=0

I'd take a methylB12 anyway....perhaps you would only need 1mg a day...on an empty stomach. Having a lower reading, would suggest higher, but you don't have a really low one.

Did you have thyroid done? Thyroid issues, can press on nerves in the neck, and give all sorts of problems. I don't see thyroid panel in your list.

Concerning your antidepressant lexapro. SSRI's have been shown to affect dopamine levels, as a side effect, in some people. This manifests with mouth, tongue and throat spasms.
So watch for this effect. It typically can come on at 6mos or longer using the SSRI. And not everyone gets it.

The lining of the throat,lungs and stomach are maintained by PEG1 cytokines. These are favored by Omega-3 fatty acids, and inflamed when Omega-6 are too high in the diet compared the the -3's. Taking some fish oil, or krill oil, may help you in maintaining that mucosa so it does not seem inflamed. 3 fish oil a day or 2 Krill oil, may help heal you up and improve the functions of the throat, esophagus, and stomach. I got rid of all my GERD with fish oil 10 yrs ago!

Were you tested for H. pylori infection of the stomach? If not, I'd get that done. H.pylori can cause all sorts of grief/burning and PN symptoms.

These are just ideas to start with. I would really stop smoking anything, at this point. And stop all alcohol...both activities can irritate the areas you have affected.
I would also stop using all mouthwashes. Some contain triclosan, which can irritate people immensely! Same with toothpastes. NO triclosan... please read the labels carefully.

If all this fails, you will have to consider gluten as a possible culprit. Many people can have a gluten intolerance and have PN and burning symptoms. Going gluten free is the only way to test this, yourself.
There are blood tests, also, but you can see by going gluten free yourself.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote