View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 08:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Update on Pdoc visit and on Lilo's condition

All good news from here presently, and I can only hope things will slowly continue to improve . First, the easy news...Lilo, after three days of rest and recovery, is now back to her normal, energetic self. She spent the first few days laying around, hardly eating or drinking, and then she just woke up Friday morning and she was good as new! Poor little one- she also had to have a few baby teeth removed from where her adult ones had grown in, so there were a few too many teeth in a few spots.

As for my DH, I brought him in to his Pdoc on Thursday afternoon. He was more than a little surprised at DH's demeanor, mainly the sluggishness. He also could not believe that the 'docs' in the previous hospitals, and the program, did not do any further blood testing when they saw how he acted. He immediately ordered more labs - to test his ammonia and hormone levels (specifically his prolactin levels). He said that once he received the results, he would decide what meds to change. We went directly to the lab from his office to have the tests done. Amazingly, by early Friday afternoon, the doc called in with the results. The prostaglandin level, reference range 3-15, was over 200 . He had me totally D/C the Risperdal, and also decrease the Depakote to 1000 mg - 500 in the am and 500 in the pm. The last thing he did was to add back in 100 mg of Seroquel, which DH had done well on in the past.

It's taking a bit of time, but I can see hubby slowly perking up from one day to the next!! Also, he started waking up during the night to use the bathroom, so he's had no more 'accidents'. He wants to see him again this afternoon, so I will pick him up early from his program to get there.

One last thing - DH's Pdoc was surprised to hear that the pdoc at the program was only there one day a week, and that DH has only seen him once in 4 weeks. He wants to change the program and, instead, have him go to the Princeton House Partial Hospitalization Program, where there is more medical supervision and a better program in general. I'm working on that now.

His doc also wants him to go see a Neurologist to be evaluated. He was also surprised that nobody has thought to have a CT scan or MRI done on him now, a full 8 months after the CO2 poisoning. He said any damage to the brain that he suffered could intensify the effects of the psych meds. I just KNEW this doc would know exactly what to do, and we are all happy so far with how things are going. I will, of course, keep you all informed of how things are going.

So, we were all on the right track, as far as the meds, and I want to thank you, as usual, for your advice, input and support.

Each day brings new hope and the promise of an even better tomorrow!

Andrea 1/24/83-1/18/11

My grandchildren

** friend me on Facebook: Jacquie Grande Preston

** L4/L5 fusion w/ hardware in 2002; taking daily pain meds
** proud Grandma of Angelo, age 8, Julianna, age 6, and Penny, 10 months

MY HUSBAND & I ARE RETIRED AND ENJOYING LIFE !!

Last edited by Just Jacquie; 10-17-2011 at 08:50 PM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-17-2011), BlueCarGal (10-17-2011), BlueMajo (10-17-2011), DiMarie (10-19-2011), Dmom3005 (10-17-2011), waves (10-17-2011)