View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 09:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Angry

Do you drink alcohol alot? This can really irritate the throat in some people.

I Don’t drink any coffee or alochol

You can test that herniation in the back with ICE treatment.
Put a Ice pack back there twice a day with a thin cloth to protect your skin. YOu know the location of the defect so that should help your placement. There are ganglia along the spine also and they can have virus or toxic damage to the cells, and send aberrant pain signals all over. Do the ice and see if those diminish. One virus that lives in those dorsal root ganglia is Herpes. Herpes Zoster especially. They can be active without progressing to full blown shingles. A blood test for both Herpes Simplex and Zoster can be done to show antibodies to them. High Zoster readings may indicate activity with this virus. Cold typically puts into sleep mode. Also high arginine intake can activate Zoster, so watch your food: The ratio of l-lysine to arginine is important for some people. If you eat high arginine content food, or take arginine in supplements, you may need l-lysine to balance it.

I have tried putting ice pack by my T-6-7 before and it feels good when its on there but when I take it off it seems to make me feel worse. Again I think my skin gets irrated and burns. I can have my doctor RX a blood test.

Did you have thyroid done? Thyroid issues, can press on nerves in the neck, and give all sorts of problems. I don't see thyroid panel in your list.

Yes I have had my thyroid check physically and with blood test and all is normal

Concerning your antidepressant lexapro. SSRI's have been shown to affect dopamine levels, as a side effect, in some people. This manifests with mouth, tongue and throat spasms.
So watch for this effect. It typically can come on at 6mos or longer using the SSRI. And not everyone gets it.

I have only been taking for 3 weeks now as I've been switching back and forth between them. I dnt have any throat spasms. Again main complaint is back burning pain and the sSRI seemed to make chest burning which I had for 9 months go away.

The lining of the throat,lungs and stomach are maintained by PEG1 cytokines. These are favored by Omega-3 fatty acids, and inflamed when Omega-6 are too high in the diet compared the the -3's. Taking some fish oil, or krill oil, may help you in maintaining that mucosa so it does not seem inflamed. 3 fish oil a day or 2 Krill oil, may help heal you up and improve the functions of the throat, esophagus, and stomach. I got rid of all my GERD with fish oil 10 yrs ago!

I have issues with Fish Oil making my burp. My brother recommend this one as its supposed to be easy to digest with no nasty taste.

drsearsfamilyessentials omega-3-dha-liquid

Were you tested for H. pylori infection of the stomach? If not, I'd get that done. H.pylori can cause all sorts of grief/burning and PN symptoms.

Yes, I had 2 full GI workups, Celiac, Stomach, Doludum, and Esphogus. Everything normal. I never have any issues with bowel movement or color/consistancy.

I also have went on gluten free for 2 week 7 months ago. Didnt help.

I also have had several food and enviromental allergy tests. All with no reaction to anything.

I dont smoke and never have.

I am going to get my aorta scanned today. Is there any other test for a possible vascular issue?
Maybe something in my back or chest that is being restricted causing this pain?

Thing is its on both sides of my body most of the time. ITs no specific to one part or side.
bent98 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote