View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 11:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malawigirl08 View Post
I have suffered PN in my feet for years and recently have had problems with real sharp pains in my knees. Can anyone tell me if this is related to PN, the pain is only there when I climb or descend stairs, and only when I bend my knee and put my weight on it.
Hi malawigirl08,

I have chemo induced peripheral neuropathy. I often have terrible pain in my knees. Sometimes the usual pain is there in the usual places, but I really feel my knees more. Then sometimes the knees are no more a problem than the rest of the body, so maybe the PN has something to do with it. There has been no other reason for my knee pain that has been determined.

I agree that it's very frustrating to go to the doctor for help and get the usual shoulder shrug. I have given up on most of them and only go for very critical issues.

My latest issue is burning and pain on the inside of my wrists. I was thinking maybe tendinitis or maybe carpel tunnel issues. Odd that it's both at the same time though. But I feel like the doc will do the usual - not much.

I am coming off a 10 day (or so) flare up and am going back and forth with energy levels. I will have to wait and see about the wrists.

Good luck with the knees (and your doc)!
Artgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote