View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 12:17 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Try an ice pack on the wrist...this can shrink any inflammatory swelling that is compressing your nerves. Many times a simple ice treatment can help. Put a thin cloth between your skin and the pack so protect the skin.

I've had carpal tunnel for decades, and this always helps me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artgirl View Post
Hi malawigirl08,

I have chemo induced peripheral neuropathy. I often have terrible pain in my knees. Sometimes the usual pain is there in the usual places, but I really feel my knees more. Then sometimes the knees are no more a problem than the rest of the body, so maybe the PN has something to do with it. There has been no other reason for my knee pain that has been determined.

I agree that it's very frustrating to go to the doctor for help and get the usual shoulder shrug. I have given up on most of them and only go for very critical issues.

My latest issue is burning and pain on the inside of my wrists. I was thinking maybe tendinitis or maybe carpel tunnel issues. Odd that it's both at the same time though. But I feel like the doc will do the usual - not much.

I am coming off a 10 day (or so) flare up and am going back and forth with energy levels. I will have to wait and see about the wrists.

Good luck with the knees (and your doc)!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote