View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 01:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Which type of CRPS I OR II

I have type 2 after a Dr.(A) severed my radial nerve above the wrist just over 4.5 years ago. I had 2 surgeries since to try to fix the radial nerve with no luck. After each surgery my pain got worst and has spread through out the right side of my body hand, wrist, entire right arm, upper back, and chest, neck, and now both legs all of the right and the upper left.

The Dr.(A )that damaged my radial nerve kept telling me that the pain I was experiencing was normal for the first 18 months after my surgery, it was only after I had a nerve test that showed I had nerve damage is when he told me that I caused this by sleeping on my arm wrong and that there was nothing he could do for me. This same Dr.(A) that did the first surgery and blamed me said in his depo just a few months ago that he did not damage my radial nerve that it had to have been the new Dr.(B) that found my nerve severed 22 months after the first surgery from Dr. A.

Dr.(B) after many weeks of doing many test with no luck finally told me that the only thing left was surgery. He felt that I may have a nicked nerve at the very worst as he was going in blind and did not use a block. To Dr. (B) surprise is when he found the radial nerve severed. He had to clean both ends and use a 1.5" tube to attached the ends together. Now my nerve had to regrow 12"-14". A year things went bad pain wise and had a 2nd. surgery only to find that the radial had not grown a 1/4" of a inch. This surgery was 22 months ago. Everything feels the same as before the first nerve surgery. The radial nerve will not regrow and my DR.s will not touch it anymore because it makes my pain much worst.

At lease Dr.(B) gave it his best.

Dr.(A) does not make mistakes just ask him.
hurting is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote