Old 10-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bent98 View Post
How about the Alpha Lipoic Acid 300mg twice a day I am taking. ITs not time released and its not the R form. Is that ok? Also, will any of these vitamins interfere with my current meds? That P5p has magniesum in it. Do I really need the extra?
The amount of magnesium in the P5P is quite small...it is listed as Oxide mix, and typically when this is done, it will be mostly oxide. Oxide is not absorbed.

However about 70% of people in US ARE low in magnesium and Nexium is a major obstacle for any being absorbed from food.
Most of the foods providing magnesium are not commonly consumed in US. So you may even need a quality mag supplement.
Blood work is only useful for very very low or high readings. This is because most magnesium is not in the serum, but in the cells. And the test you had most likely (unless a special lab did them) were serum tests.

This is my magnesium thread:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread1138.html

Many people with PN can benefit from magnesium. You can get it from some special lotions, or by soaking in a tub with epsom salts as well. Some of us here us CVS Epsom lotion for the topical type.

Take your alpha racemic type on an empty stomach. 1/2 of it is the active form R...the other half is inactive. When it is gone
switch to the R form, preferably with the RALA stabilized form listed on the label. You will not need such high doses then.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote