View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Red face

wow. that's pretty young.

well, i believe we've excluded superficial causes - you said no spills (stickyness) and no dirt/crumbs etc (air didn't help). i assume(?) you jetted the air, using the straw, directly between the problem keys. i suggested that because it was the easy thing to try, and pretty cheap. but the fact that you said it happened suddenly and also that you saw a "pattern" did sound suspicious to me that it could be internal... question of connections.

probably at this point it will have to be taken apart to know what is wrong. but someone else might know of some other diagnostic tricks you can try... so it maybe worth asking.

but before you ship it off into lululand, see if someone else might have some ideas... if you haven't posted on the computer forum, post there. someone more hardware savvy (i'm not very) may be able to help - at least give you an idea what sorts of problems you could be looking at. you could also just stop into a computer repair store, tell them the make and model and the problem you are having. you should draw like a map of what keys are not working and take that with you. they might go "aha" ...

oh. one more thing you could try. google using as keywords the
the make, model, model of your computer and "keyboard problems"

eg:

Compaq P450 "keyboard problems"

might turn up something if it is a common defect. well those are the dregs of my ideas... sorry, Donna. (((hugs)))

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-17-2011), Dmom3005 (10-17-2011), Mari (10-18-2011)