Thread: cymbalta
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 12:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB63 View Post
I took Cymbalta to help combat the PN effects of chemo back in 2006-2007. I took a very large dose for a long time. Then my prescrition ran out and due to some oddball staff at my doctors office, I could not get a refill . Something like the doc is on vacation, we don't ask the partner to refill.... and so on. Had near seizure like problems, ended up in an ER after missing 4 doses. Not fun. But.....it did work!

I got about 75% overall relief on Cymbalta 60mg per day for small fiber neuropathy, which I used on and off for about three years.

Just start out on 30 mg per day (half strength) for the first seven days before going to full-strength 60 mg per day thereafter. I would then allow a minimum of three weeks on 60 mg per day to see how it works for you.

You must also discontinue it very slowly, going from 60 mg per day to 30 mg per day for perhaps three weeks, and thereupon to 15 mg per day for another week or so. You may then stop but then still expect a couple of annoying days of discomfort which is directly proportional to your length of time at 60 mg (full strength) per day.

Hope that helps
Apollo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote