Thread: ocular MG
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 05:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Ocular

Hi, Welcome to the board, this board has helped me through some very difficult times, and have answered so many questions. I started with severe double vision is has been 3 years now. After 8 months I had a diagnosis, I was one of the lucky ones to get a diagnosis that early. I was put on mestinon and that did not help my double vision. The double vision just went away one day, But my left eye still droops alot and the visual problems still exist, but not bad enough to keep me from working. I guess you kind of get used to it somewhat and don't notice as much. I have had some generalized , mainly , swallowing., and cheek drooping. I was put on prednisone., which seemed to help my energy level and the drooping. AS of the past 3 months , I am not on any meds and I am doing pretty well., my neurologist feels from his experience that after a 3 year period I should not worsen my symptoms., but like he said it is a auto immune so who knows. I am thankful that I have not worsened. I sometimes think because I got it at 57 years old, that I didn't have such a severe form of it , but who knows. Stress and Heat definately are my enemies, big time. Take care any questions that I can help with please let me know. I appreciated all the help I received here.

Last edited by whirlwind123; 10-18-2011 at 05:52 AM. Reason: typo
whirlwind123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote