Thread: ssdi hearing
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 11:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Try not to be too discouraged. I agree it is very frustrating when trying to explain MG to anyone, especially those who you are looking to for assistance at the Social Security office. You sound a lot like me. I had an employer that accomodated me as much as possible by reducing my work hours and even allowing me to work from home. I still wasn't able to sustain employment due to my documented severe symptoms of Myasthenia Gravis. This is what my attorney wrote in a letter to the judge over my Hearing. He also stated that I had to miss work for several days a month due to my IVIG infusions, and the side effects from them. I was unable to tolerate ONE 8 hour work day per MONTH. Those reasons alone were pretty clear that I wasn't able to function well enough to keep a job. He didn't mention all the days that I was either late for work or had to leave early due to the extreme weakness and fatigue.

It sometimes feels as if you are speaking a foreign language when trying to explain MG to those who don't have it!
Shari_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote