View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 12:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula_w View Post
i don't know and no longer have time to find out; but there will be no growth if there are no cells. staying away from embryonic it is faster, you don't have to fight with what valuable energy we have. throw it all at basic research and autologous cell replacement.

we are weakening the human race, destroying our immune systems. we need to concentrate in what our body can do to itself. it just feels more right and possible.

if there is a stage 1 gdnf with no placebo i''d think about it because it's known it didn't have side effects. but who even studied them to see if it worked long term?
it's at the holding each other up stage for some of us, research money is wasted , not intentionally, but we need a focus.
It does feel scattered, doesn't it? Because we still don't know what we are dealing with. I'm a huge proponent of MJFF's PPMI study that will follow newbies over 5 years to track progression and take biological samples to get a better grip on what we are dealing with - but FIVE YEARS?

I really get the impression that MJFF focuses as much as it can; cell regeneration is a part of their portfolio. But it doesn't hurt to talk about focusing on focusing!

Did you see the sentence in the joint statement about Azilect that addressed the fact that PD is multi-faceted, so that new treatments should be approved even if they don't help ALL people with PD? A step in the right direction!

“Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputation and social standing, never can bring about a reform. Those who are really in earnest must be willing to be anything or nothing in the world’s estimation, and publicly and privately, in season and out, avow their sympathy with despised and persecuted ideas and their advocates, and bear the consequences.” — Susan B. Anthony
indigogo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lindylanka (10-19-2011), moondaughter (10-18-2011), Sasha (10-18-2011)