View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 04:34 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

One of the vets (the overpriced specialty cat vet) I was taking Oreo to, had murals painted on the walls of the exam rooms.

They were not sterling examples of art, but they were funny and useful.

Our other long time vet who missed Oreo's tumor, in her abdomen, in July has nice colorful/playful portraits of cats and dogs... sort of like this artist friend of your son's, life drawing class of the model with skeleton. I have a skeleton drawing with model too... if you send me an email via PM, I'll send you my life studies that are similar. I did them about 15 yrs ago... you might be interested. But they are not appropriate to post here IMO. (I have an "image" to maintain here...LOL). So I do like this young artist's work. If the vet doesn't want these for his office, he may know someone else who might... that is always a possibility.

The vet prices today are totally out of range of normal people.
I can't believe I would be able to buy a CAR with Oreo's expenses alone. $900 for an ultrasound with needle aspiration biopsy, showing an inoperable cancer...that the cat vet wanted to drain us anyway and put Oreo in terrible pain/recovery for her last months. I got a 4th opinion after $2000 spent and this vet said he would never do this to his own cat. So we are doing palliative treatment with steroids to buy some months of quality life for 13 yr old Oreo...who is beautiful and a wonderful cat and who has a unique joi de vivre! I seem to have lost the last 5 weeks...myself... strung out over our own struggles with this!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (10-18-2011), SallyC (10-19-2011)