View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 04:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default bilateral TOS

I had a blood clot in my right arm a few years ago and was diagnosed with TOS...I have been procrastinating on getting the rib resection for some time now. I finally decided that I needed to get it over with and had a scheduled consulation, a few weeks ago though I noticed slighy color changes in my left hand a slight swelling, I went in for an ultrasound and they thought they found a clot, they then did an angiogram and found taht there was no clot but there was compression and diagnosed me with bilateral TOS. The vein on the left has been compressed so much and has scar tissue so they are going to do the rib resection and a vein patch. My doctor told me that the recovery would be about 2 weeks and I'd be in the hospital for 2 days. Hoping all goes well, he will then do the rib resection on the right side. I was wondering how your recovery was and the process of it, pain, moveability, etc. Im petrified but I dont have a choice, any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated
googs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote