View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 04:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default He said she says

The MDS thinks I have Corticobasal Degeneration based on the fact that it hasn't moved to the other side in 5 years. But he doesn't know about lack of smell cause he had me sniff wintergreen and I said I could smell it. I smelt something weakly. Plus when I wrote a sentence my writing didn't get smaller just small from the beginning.

So when putting me on meds he said l-dopa won't work for me and he put me on Pramipexole .25mg twice a day. Every five days I add a .25mg twice a day till I get to 4 at a time. Today was the first day I took 2 .25mg pills.

I have noticed improvement. I can type normal (no hunt and peck) but still slow. I could dress myself without help. My muscles don't hurt like they did. The down side is I get nausea especially with morning meds. I have to eat like a cow. I used to eat a piece of toast for breakfast but now have to eat a big breakfast. The evening pill doesn't seem to upset my stomach.

I say he's jumping to a non PD conclusion too fast. But I'm going with the flow. I've got another appointment next week and he'll see how I'm doing. As long as I can function I don't care what they call it. A rose is still a rose...just watch for those thorns.
marciaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote