View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 06:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi!
I was prescribed this med a little over two weeks ago for my headaches. I take 200mg twice a day (400mg total). It is an anti seizure med, but it is also prescribed for nerve pain experienced with shingles. It will not cause you to have seizures.

It will take a little while for you to notice a difference. I started noticing decreased pain and frequency of my headaches by the end of the first week, only a minor difference though. Now, over two weeks later I am noticing huge differences. I still have headache every day, but they are not bad at all compared to what they were. It is very important to remember to take this med at the same time every day.

It is safe to take Tylenol with this med.

Just keep an eye on the side effects. I have not had any side effects and when I told my future mother in law this (she is a dr and her daughter has taken it for seizures) she told me I was one of the lucky ones. I have been told that the side effects can be pretty extreme so be careful with driving, ect.
Hope this helps and hope you will start feeling better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwsmith1984 View Post
Has anyone been prescribed this?

I was prescribed Gabapentin 100mg for nerve pain but when I researched the drug online, it said it was an anti-convulsant [controls seizures]. Should I take them? I'm afraid that since I don't have seizures it's going to cause me to have some and I feel like it's pointless to take it.

I also read it could be prescribed for anxiety attacks and nerve pain.

Just want some people's opinion on the drug, how it makes them feel [does it make your anxiety go away?] and what the side-effects were. Thanks in advance.
RubyV is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote