View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 09:19 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default April good and bad for me.

Bill and I would have been married 35 years on April 15th so it's going to be a very hard time for me. I am making some major changes and just wanted to share them with friends.

My VNS surgery is scheduled for April 11th. I'm scared but excited about that. I am scared because of the unknown afterward that may include the RSD in my face and not knowing what this VNS will do for me good and bad.

I am also moving. The kids helped me buy a mobile home in a very nice mobile home park just about 6 blocks from them and my Drs. office and everything else I need. I went to look at it yesterday and it's very nice. 14 by 70. 2 bedroom/ two bath.

Now comes the hard part again. I have to leave my home that Bill and I have shared and loved and actually had the hardest but the best time of our life in. We enjoyed fixing it the way we wanted it. I am going to have a hard time doing this I know. The good part is, I don't have to sell it. We are determined to keep it and it will be an extra income for me and the kids.

I have to start today advertising some of my bigger furniture and outdoor things and start going through stuff and packing. Bill gave me so many small things I told Susan I will not get rid of them. We are going to pack them and rent a storage. My boys also have 6 rockers. One he made for them when they were tiny and as they outgrew them they got antique rockers everytime they outgrew them. He has made them showcases, wall plaques with their names carved on them that I put hooks in and they are jewelry and belt hangers now, toy boxes, and i have their disney collection and other things.
I don't want to get rid of things and wish later on I hadn't. The man never walked in the house that he didn't bring me something so I won't part with them right now, maybe never.

I have to get a lot done by the 11th because of my surgery and then we are going to have a walkthrough sale. Then I have to get this place ready for rening so that won't be until after my surgery and the kids and friends will help with that.

I actually have had 2 people want to rent but I said no to both. I want someone in here that will take care of my yard and home. I am going to knock 50. off of the rent each month for them keeping up my yard.

I am going to screen them like they were going to buy this home. Bill and I managed a mobile home park for years and 2 apartment buildings so I know both sides of renting.

Any thoughts anyone could give me would be helpful because my mind does not always pick up things that I should know. Actually I have a time with my mind part of all of this illness and that gets to me the most.

I have to sat my boys down tonight and talk to them because they will be sharing a room over there and things will be different but I went I tell them they are in walking distance of my new home and the city pool and park is about 4 blocks away I have a feeling they will get excited too for that. I want to insure them that I am not getting rid of my home and the things Grandpa did and gave us. God this is hard, I cry as I write.

I just needed to share this with my other family. It seems like we have all been together forever. A lot of us as long as 9 years some of you more. I believe I came on the other forum around 98 and I have made some of the best friends here and met some.

Thanks for all of your help and support. Oh yeah, Anyone got a strong back left over from the RSDS. LOL

Thanks again,
Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote