View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 10:12 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Emma,

I know this is frustrating but keep in mind that the temporary partial is just that.... temporary. The color of the teeth could have possibly been matched better to your adjacent teeth, but to change them now would require you to give up the appliance for a few days so the lab could change the teeth. That can be done, if you are willing to go without the partial for a bit.

It's important to make it clear to your dentist that you want your permanent partial or bridge to match your adjacent teeth better. Otherwise he may assume you like the shade and order the permanent one the same shade.

The denture teeth will not darken.. they will stain a little bit from different foods, but no they won't darken.

I would live with this for a few days and see if you like it better. If you have an appointment to go back to the dentist for an adjustment and you are still unhappy with the shade, then speak to him about it then.

What is the future plan to replace those extracted teeth... implants, partial denture, bridge??

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaH View Post
So I had 4 of my top front teeth pulled, the ones between the canines.
I got my temporary partial dentures today, but the teeth on them look really white compared to the teeth beside it.
Now I fear that makes them look like fake teeth.
My family haven't been helpful, they say it looks fine or the denture teeth will darken....
I'm really unsure what to do now, I am the worst person for complaining and not sure about this situation
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote