View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 11:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Tiffany,

I have had very similar experiences to you. I first started having seizures when I was 14. I was rushed to ER and had all relevent testing done, but they showed nothing out of the ordinary.

A year later I started having more seizures which resulted in repeated testing, but nothing was ever found.

The majority of my seizures have been during the night, just waking up or due to sleep deprivation. My very first one when I was 14, I remember waking up, opening my door and looking down the corridor towards the window, then it was all black. Next thing I'm on a stretcher and Paramedics were asking me what I had taken (thinking I was attempting suicide).

Other nights I remember briefly waking up during a seizure. The scariest of which was finding myself caught between my bed and the wall, unable to move or feel my body.

Other times I have not been conscious during the seisure at all, but have woken in the morning feeling very 'foggy' and confused. One time I was actually unable to find the door to lead me out of the room, to which I started to panic, and eventually my step-dad opened the door.

If I have had a seizure during the day, I start to lose feeling to my mouth, then face, and always start looking to my left and up, then usually fall as I no longer have control of my body. They have always affected my recent memory (usually up to 6 weeks prior)

I have been on a range of medications, and gone through a severe allergic reaction to Lamotrigine resulting in Stevens Johnson Syndrome (Wikipedia it)so have been able to settle temporarily on a combo of Keppra and Epilim, which has kept me mostly controlled.

I too have suffered anxiety from my seizures, but reflecting now, I think the majority of my anxiety in my teenage years was hormone or medication related. I am trying to arrange to try a different medication as I have found the anxiety from my current combo is increasing.

Strangely enough, it was only this year that anything showed on my EEG. I wanted to apply to become a paramedic, and because of my underlying condition had to undergo testing before I was able to obtain the correct licence to be able to start studying. Anyway, my EEG now shows 3 areas of my brain with unusual activity - the most alarming to me is in the memory area.

It has been 2 and a half years since my last seizure, and then 2 years before that.

I would suggest definitely seeing a Neurologist and or Neuroscientist. If you dont agree with a doctor, keep searching for one that will listen. I have had the same problems with previous doctors, but someone out there does have the answers for you - You just have the patience to find them.

Hope my experiences can help you. =)
KimPerthAUS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote