View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 06:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krank View Post
I have a wonderful NEURO chiropractor. Believe or not a neuro chiropractor right here in river city little town usa. She is Brilliant. Honestly she should be in Harvard. Even though my RSD has spread I think it has slowed because of her. I cant say enough about her. She spends endless time researching this disease from a hollistic approach. She hates that I on meds but understands that we need to work with in the beginning in order to try to get a handle on it to try and turn this thing around. She says the biggest thing is stress. Stress is the food this demon feeds on. You have to have a low stress life to start with. If there are any stresses in your life they need to go..Her name is Ala Smith and she is at Smith Chiropractic in our little river city of Fergus Falls Mn. Wow I sound like a commercial..really not meaning to do that because shes that good.
Hey Krank,

I'm just down I-94 from you near Melrose MN! And I couldn't agree more with how stress affects CRPS. I have noticed that a few of my worst flares directly correlated with high stress. I have a mother with Alzheimer's and about 5 other chronic conditions, so some of you can relate to what that can mean to your stress level, on top of handling the challenges of CRPS.

I'm glad to hear you have a great chiropractor nearby. I have a great one in Sauk Centre too (Dr. John Welle) It really is hit and miss with this profession. Some are good, some are okay, and there are a few that can make things worse if they don't understand your unique condition. The one thing I would stress when picking professionals is to shop around. You do NOT have to settle for the first name you come across in the yellow pages. If you don't "click" with the doctor, chiro, therapist, etc....... then keep making appointments with others until you do. It is a PROCESS for most of us. I would say it took me about a year to pick my team. And I'm happy with every one of them.

In fact, I have to make an appt. with my Chiro today! It is the treatment I look forward to the MOST.

Hang in there!
birchlake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote