View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 07:29 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default How many extras can they throw in???

DS asked me to help him order some flowers for his new g/f who is having a b/d on the 26th of this month. Since I am a great shopper, I took the challenge.

ProFlowers had a simple bouquet of roses multicolored for $19.99 and a free vase, but by the time they added shipping, handling, processing fees, blah blah blah it was $39.99 for this set of $20 flowers! I chose to NOT order from them. Did an internet search and looked thru the massive amounts of discounted flower ads. Well...I found Blooms.com and they had a 50% off deal. Got a beautiful arrangement of pink/purple flowers (her fav color) and a gorgeous purple vase thrown in for free. Del charge of $4.99 (half of pro flowers!) and they didnt charge a premium to have them there on that special day (a wednesday, non holiday is NOT a special day!) and it all looked good. Tons of advertizements asking "want to sign up for this? or that? and how bout adding a teddy bear? or chocolates? and it was alot coming at me. In the end this $49.99 bunch of flowers cost $17.23 not bad but...

Got the email showing my order and it explained that my CC would be charged the WHOLE $49.99 PLUS a $9.99 charge to join Blooms.com and if I didnt cancel some identity protection program in so many days it would be another $14.99 AND blooms.com would keep charging me $9.99 each month till I cancel as they are an online membership only shopping club. In 3 business days they will refund the $30 to my debit card to make up for the discount I received by shopping today, but i would get the full charge first.

How confusing can it be to just order some flowers???!!! I mean who wants to chuck in teddy bears, chocolates, and oh yeah, an identity protection plan, with an online shopping club, and oh yeah, you pay FULL price and then we refund the difference in a day or two...OMG! when did "send Jo some flowers" turn into a marathon morning of calling to cancel all of these memberships that were hidden in the teeeny tiny fine print at the bottom of the "order now" button??

Im mad! I feel tricked. I had never heard of Blooms.com and now I feel like I was hoodwinked by a low cost bouquet. So, I have NO choice but to eat the cost of the first months membership, AND they wont let me cancel till at least 21 days has passed. I have to cancel between 21 days and 30 days to prevent the next months charge of $9.99 to remain a shop at home member of Blooms.com WTH???

Anyone else ever get trapped into one of these scams? It took exactly 30 seconds for my email box to overflow with ads from acne cream to zit relief. Good gravy! what did I do??

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote