View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 10:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default implants vs. partial & loose teeth fixes

About 15 years ago I had a 3 section bridge installed in the entire upper part of my mouth.

It is gradually failing and I have just had an upper right molar extracted (which was part of the bridge) and which leaves me with almost no teeth in that quadrant.

Now I've noticed that two teeth on the lower right quadrant, (1 capped molar and one natural molar with a missing molar between them) are both loose and painful. A dentist said that these two teeth should be extracted since he says they are infected.

I have a few questions: 1) what, short of implants, can be done about the missing upper right teeth? The dentist suggested that he could construct a “partial” but I wonder how difficult it would be to adjust to it and also, would it put undue stress on the upper left quadrant which is part of the same bridge that just failed?

2) Can the two loose teeth be saved? Is there any fix for loose teeth or am I doomed?

More info that might affect your answer: I am 75 years old, a two time cancer survivor and diabetic (I am trying to control the diabetes with diet but may soon have to use drugs.)
antonina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote