View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 05:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Feet Going Numb While Working Out

My workout routines includes an elliptical workout where I burn about 250 calories. I've noticed that both my feet go completely numb when I reach the 250 calorie mark: at about 2 mile point or about 40 minutes on the elliptical.

Has anyone experienced this? It always happens whenever I work out. And it's always at the point of 250 calories or 2 miles. Sometimes, I get off of the elliptical, move my legs around, do some leg presses. Then get back on the elliptical again: the same thing happens at the 250 calorie mark or 2 miles.

What could this be related to? I am a T2 diabetic and also have Sjogren's (which could induce neuropathy). I've been tested and I'm confirmed for very mild peripheral neuropathy (my feet) due probably to diabetes, and some neuropathy of my hands (via ulnar entrapment) due to eitehr lifting weights or carpal tunnell (my prior life doing word processing) -- my hands and wrists often go numb at night while sleeping.

My BG is in goold control (A1c ~5.4) so I don't think my numb feet are diabetes-related. Could Sjogren's or some other latent autoimmune disease be causing my feet to go numb? I seem to have Raynaud's, which would mean I have secondary Raynaud's, and I am familiar enough with autoimmunity to realize that this could make me vulnerable to Scleroderma (which could also cause neuropathy).

Does anyone experience the same thing? The bottom of your feet consistently going numb after a certain point?
dolby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote