View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 05:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hi i too use meds a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy-h View Post
Hello all,

I am Nancy-H and have chronic pain mainly from small fiber polyneuropathy from the ankles down the toes. Add some fibro and a little disc herniations up at C4/5/6, DDD and IBS and maybe some bladder or kidney problems and you have ME! Some days are better than others but there has never been a day without pain in over 3 yrs.

My question is this. I have taken methadose for 2 yrs. now, 70 mg. broken into 4 x day. I also take percocet up to 40 mgs. day (average 30 mgs) for breakthrough pain. HOW LONG WILL MY BODY TOLERATE THIS BEFORE IT STARTS TO "COMPLAIN". You know what I mean - kidney problems, heart problems, blah blah blah.

I am now 53 and was diagnosed in '99 with the PN, in 03 with the rest of the good stuff. Managed pain with percocet only until Jan. of 04.

Opinions, please.

Thanks,
Nancy
i have used opiates for 32years now(don't like it but can't deal with pain without.Had pain pump worked great,but incision site would not heal!kept pump as long as possible,wasn't infected etc..after removal of pump my PCP found a blood disorder we didn't know I had,may have had it for yrs,.but with a load of surgeries(saving leg from amputation not diabetes and experimental)also chronic low back pain all due to hit/run accident in 1978 when I was 23.We think I wasn't so much rejecting the pump but since incision site was impossible to close I went back to oral meds,morphine muscle relaxers and nerve meds. I so far, don't have any complications from long-term use (32years) or meds except a lot of sweating face and head not due to menopause.But I'm in South Florida too we not sure what causing sweating but i still need pain releif so I dela with it.Good Luck
bellanapli is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote