View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 05:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default wowee u r miracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPKH View Post
I am new mbr and the relief I have from reading your posts is wonderful! I have finally found the right group! I have had an SCS since March 1996 with my 6th being implanted FEB 4 2011. It is Medtronics paddle at C-T level on spinal area. I am used to ANS and Medtronics leads vice paddle. I wore the leads type out or anchor is gone or lead is broken (They had to leave piece in me..neuro surgeon had hoped to take out when paddle placed) or other issues. Every 3 years having surgery and new SCS implant. Was talked into paddle and at this point can not sit long or turn head, pull car door closed as passenger, etc. Laying down causes zingers, sitting I get drained from incision site. I was a person who "day after" first 5 "lead" implant surgeries was back doing great! This "paddle Site" had me to where I wanted to have it taken out and go back to leads and then I found this support group. I may be the new person in group but I have a lot of years with SCS leads. Paddle SCS has 3 incision sites but only the C-T area is controlling me right now. You have made me say, Honey, you are right! I am not being patient on this one and now I know I need more time! Thanks to your postings. PM docs use me to show what 10-10 pain is. I have stressed cracked teeth from gritting from the pain. I use SCS to full capability, losing complete control of extremities but that is what is needed plus meds to live a life. I hope I can help the group as well as receive support from you. I type terribly....I will try to log on each day but that is determined by pain level. I Only want to say I am really glad to read your posts!
I see u r a THRIVER(survivor) as i am I to am disabled from hit/run(pedestrian me) in 1978 when i was 23 now 56 and still suffering-count my blessings every minute that i am not worse at this time cause i have been!!! i take meds for my pain,but had Medtronics Pain Pump for 1 1/2 yrs, loved it only 15mg of morphine from pump daily and could sit up like a normal person for 8 hours!!!Now I live in my bed and electric scooter can't sit up too long without standing up on my one leg for awhile or laying down a few minutes in bed to get the Earth's gravity off my lower spine,this way I don't have to take too much "breakthru meds"thank god it works for now. Keep plugging we all feel your pain and our prayers go with you.
bellanapli is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote