View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 09:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Bunz -

It is a balancing act between exercise, our spine and TOS symptoms. I am both a spiney and a TOS patient. During my 1st experience with TOS, my workouts were limited to an eliptical trainer with stationary arms. Since then I have had surgery for the TOS and regained the use of the right arm/hand but due to the possibilty of TOS coming back on the right side, I limit my arm activities. Since then, I became a neck patient and also developed TOS on the left side. Like Cathy, any sports/activities involving the arms are out for me. Sometimes, I will lift some weights at the gym but nothing more than 5-10 lbs. My arms used to be so toned and now . . .

Walking is a good exercise and I have started walking at lunchtime. However, I walk with my arm supported (say in a vest pocket) as the hanging arm will trigger the ulnar nerve symptoms (TOS) on my left side.

I am also trying to lose weight but it's due to a hard pregnancy followed by six months on crutches. Try being on crutches and having arm/shoulder problems!!
Sheri_TOS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote