View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 03:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Was this @ Duke? I have been treated there and Unc. Not impressed with either. But duke did run a few emgs on me. I was diagnosed by dr Howard at Unc and no one will ever question that, although I am now seen at Hopkins.

I think you shoul insist you have an emg done if you really believe it is mg. good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused2 View Post
I posted a couple weeks ago about possibility of atypical MG. My follow up is my MRI was totally normal. My achr antibodies were normal. I saw the neuro and asked about further testing for MG since it can be so hard to diagnose.

He said not for me. He said it was his specialty he did a fellow at Duke where they had a MG clinic and saw a lot of MG patients and none looked anything like me. He was sooo confident.

The thing is I know my dad had it and he didn't look MG either. Took him 15 years to be diagnosed.

The neuro diagnosed me with ocular migraines. And referred me to a sleep clinic since I'm sleeping so much. Monday 1 slept 16 hours total. 2 four hour naps during the day and then 8 at night.

Crazy!

I'm disappointed he wouldn't check for MUSK or do a single fiber EMG but he said he guaranteed I didn't have MG or MS.

Seems too confident for me. What do you guys think?

Thanks for reading.
tysondouglass is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote