View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 08:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello all. I'm happy to be back on line, connecting with you all. My doctor estimated it would take 3-4 months to recover from climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro. However, it was exactly two months from the date of standing on the top of Africa that my nausea and general malaise left. One person asked if I had considered how much this trip shortened my life or quality of life. But another asked if I had considered how much it added to my life. I think the latter is happening. I'm back to riding the bike at least an hour 4 or more days per week and I feel stronger than ever. Yesterday I broke into a trot on a gravel road. I trotted for about a quarter mile before slowing to a walk. I haven't been able to trot more than 50 steps for several years.

I understand that Pedaling for Parkinson's at the Y is happening in Grand Haven, MI and will start between October and November in Cleveland and Seattle. I'm still on the road and haven't checked the current start dates. I so hope that many people will sign up and find some of the relief I have found from pedaling.
Nan Cyclist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote