Thread: Pet food recall
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 11:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have been having panic attacks several times a day about this pet food issue.

My 3 cats have dry food (Purina Naturals) available at all times, but I have always given them canned food (fancy feast - which is a sliced with gravy type of wet food) as an occasional treat (once or twice a week)... in addition we have a few different types of cat treats that are semi-moist which we give them occasionally for no reason.

We checked every pet food product in our house, and we have nothing that was on the recall list -- but because of all the uncertainty and secrecy surrounding the investiagation into this mess, I am flipping out and worried that one of our foods might end up on the list at some point.

I swear, I would be less worried if this was a human-food recall, because at least in humans we can verbalize and recognize our symptoms -- but with the cats, they can't verbalize and we just have to watch and hope that they are continuing to be normal.... my poor cats are on edge simply because I am on edge... and they probably don't like it that I am watching them everytime they use the litterbox, but I need to make sure that they are all normal and healthy - and with 3 cats and 1 litterbox, the only way to know for sure that each cat is using the box in a normal and healthy and regular manner is to watch and see.

I know that I am over-reacting, but with my anxiety disorders worrying and over-reacting is a way of life.... especially when it comes to my pets who are helpless and defensiveless and rely on humans for 100% of their needs.

OK, just needed to get all of that out and off of my chest.

Liz
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote