Thread: Hi,
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 11:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Ada,

I also have CFS, and my doctor prescribed Provigil for me, and it helps a lot. Other patients with CFS have used ADD medications (Ritalin, Adderal, etc..) and those medications can sometimes help as well.

For me, the Provigil works well. It's not perfect, I still have some fatigue, but I am doing much better with the Provigil and I am a lot less fatigued than before.

Another thing that helped my fatigue was improving my sleep at night. I found that when I have a set sleep schedule I get better sleep and I am less fatigued during the day. I go to bed at the same time every night, and I wake up at the same time every morning. I also use a medication at bedtime to help me sleep better so that I am getting more refreshing and deeper sleep - which reduces daytime fatigue for me.

The final thing that helps is maintaining a daily schedule that is about the same everyday, and that includes some light exercise and a rest period. I set aside an hour everyday (at the same time everyday) and I lay down on the couch with my eyes closed and listen to the TV. Sometimes I fall asleep for a short nap, but whether I rest or nap I always keep the rest period to one hour only.

All of the things I do to reduce my fatigue do help on some level, but for me the thing that helps the most is the Provigil.

I hope that helps,
Liz
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote