View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 05:08 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

this is a phrase from mike fox's talk at buffalo and rochester. It's a good suggestion for some people for staying positive - those with money, specifically. but the average pwp is going to end up in assisted living and in a nursing home.

here a pd patient will be viewed as any other patient, is not allowed to bring in his medications except when you have a name brand and they don't; then you give it to them to dispense. they never tell the shift change or new people about this bottle.

originally i wanted to write this story in the spirit of unity; cutting the rehab nurses understanding and breaks for their point of view. some really did understand but the truth is - we are not prepared for "the results" and must stay positive and face them. the workers do not deserve the breaks, are bullies and abusive. they are untrained and do not care about you. they gossip constantly even if you hear they mumble really low. just enough to keep you paranoid.

i entered this "skilled " facility in a state of psychosis from a drug combination that is yet to be identified. It had taken an MRI to find the fracture. i was in much pain so i had anesthesia for the MRI as well as surgery the following night. My hard of hearing orthopedist and i were going to have an adventure. I remember my first "black out" but at this point don't know if it actually happened.

I was given pain killers which always make me crazy and anesthesia, seroquel [never used it before] and dilaudid - a very powerful pain killer - stronger than morphine. THis was on top of my own meds, which included nortiptyline and xanax.
will continue hit send accidentally
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote