View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 06:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Grin For me a manageable disease

Hi 2Hope,

I have been on Avonex for 14 years. I began within 6 weeks of my dx. For me after the first shot I had almost no side effects. Just took my Advil every 4 hours. I know I was not typical and I was lucky.

But the Avonex did not keep the flares away entirely, so after 18 months we added Imuran to my treatment. Since that point I have been stable. No new symptoms or flares. Again I am lucky.

2 years ago I dropped the Imuran, still stable. Of course the question is, am I stable because I have a mild course or did the drugs help. I guess I believe its a little of both.

Only those who really know me, know about my MS. I have met several others MSers who also have no apparent outer symptoms. But we are not alike, because we all manage this disease differently. We are all effected in different ways. We are like snowflakes.

Hopefully you will have a mild course. Keep an open mind. This disease can be managed. But its not one size fits all. Take suggestions from this board, but remember we are all different. What works for me may not work for you.

Be open to the possibilities, be prepared to be flexible.
SRKW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (10-20-2011)