Thread: new info
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 12:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Momz....

I just had a question for you?? I'm from Ca so I don't know Pa W/C law. In Ca when you go on a work related disability leave as you are we are place on what is called Total Temp Disability it is a non taxable benefit paid over a seven day week and is designed to replace your wages while you are temp disabled because of a work related injury.
You are also paid mileage for your transportation to and from any medical related procedure.
If this has not been brought to your attention you may want to inquire about it. As I said Laws very state to state so I am not sure how they compensate injured employees in Pa.
You may also want to look into a state disability income at this time if you aren't receiving any income. You can check with your attorney on this they would know what you would need to do or who to refer you to.
I also applied for Social Security Disability when I was diagnosed with TOS. It is a very long process. I have been denied 2 times now and am waiting for my court date with the ALJ Judge which is where allot of cases end up. I have been waiting for this date for 3 years now and had obtained a lawyer after my first denial. It's not uncommon to be denied the first 2 times. You can fill out the forms on line thru the SS site.https://s044a90.ssa.gov/apps6z/ISBA/main.html
I'm just letting you know about this because TOS can be a life long disability and applying for SSD is a very long process. I know it sound extreem but down the road I think you will understand.
But I would think you are entitled to some type of income. I would check with your attorney if you are not receiving any at this time.
Best of luck
Dawn
"Thanks for this!" says:
thursday (04-25-2008)