View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 11:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkette View Post
Hi lcms,

I understand how you feel lonely but keep your chin up and remember there are others in this world that have things a lot harder than we do. I've lived with epilepsy for 39 yrs. and I've had 2 brain surgeries to help reduce my seizures. I am married but everyone in my family except my Grandparents and my aunt and uncle have rejected me. I have a brother who has a family and they have never come over to visit in 25 yrs. My father hasn't seen me in 6 yrs. and it was over a yr. before my mom came to see me. I've been married for 25 yrs. now and I guess what has kept me going is seeing my aunt who had MS suffer until she passed away and knowing there was nothing her Drs. could do for her as well as seeing my Uncle die from cancer.
I feel lonely a lot of the time but I try to keep busy and reach out to others who have life much harder than I do. I love to write and often I write my feelings into poems or short stories always remember that someone out there in the world has it a lot harder than we do. Don't let your health get to you remember depression is part of having epilepsy so try and turn that frown upside down. Here's wishing You Well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Sue, My interest is bicycle advocacy, as to the laws on the state, county, and city level.

I know that some people have it a lot harder as far as illness goes. I try not to let it get me down. But I keep thinking of the emotional rejection that I keep experiencing.

I have a sinking feeling that my girlfriend does not want to talk to me because of my depression, even though she has told me on the phone that I did nothing wrong.
lcms0516 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote