View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 05:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeFreeze View Post
First of all, if you're around people that make those kinds of comments, stop hanging around those kinds of people. Secondly, I've had multiple revisions since the age of 9 and I'm 44, with my last being 9/2008. I put up with comments like that when I was maybe in grade school, but since then, they have stopped. You sound like you could be your own worst enemy here, and that, you're either exaggerating or even imagining most of those comments as a way to reinforce your own feelings of isolation. We all (hydros) have them. The best advice I can give you is to stop focusing on the negative aspects of your life, stop comparing yourself to your twin, get a new set of friends and acquaintances and learn to appreciate that about you which is good and unique. Do not use this disease as a crutch to become a victim. Get on with your life. Take charge!
I agree about not being around people that make those negative comments.

In terms getting friends, outright(as opposed to getting a new set of friends), I have always found it hard. Because once they see my head and/or, hear about my hydrocephalus, people will usually ignore me, like I am somehow contagious and/or infectious without caring to hear why I have it, and what it isn't.
lcms0516 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote