Old 10-21-2011, 07:43 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by made it up View Post
Paula,
First off let me say and I think I'm not alone here....you are probably the sanest person I have ever come across on any of the parkinson boards so hang in there!
It's meds or perhaps lack of them which are giving you psychotic episodes etc.
Not your fault, just remember that!
So are you in a rehab hospital for a fractured hip?
If so just do the exercises the physios give you and remember them or get a copy and quiz the occupational therapists for tricks they have up there sleeves regarding easier, safer ways of getting about.
You're probably with stroke pts because you're specifically in a neuro ward.
Is there any other parkys there?
They should and if they aren't possibly could let you self medicate with your anti parkinson meds.
If it really is a hole of a place and you aren't benefitting discharge yourself.
As long as you have someone to act as caregiver it should be doable.
Best wishes Paula,
Lee

thank you kindly lee, i must take all meds from the rehab pharmacy. i fractured my leg but it is healing itself. the surgery was to protect the hip joint with metal plates and screws.

the reason for the policy is people sneaking narcotics in and out. Trying to explain simple things like the body can't perform in therapy with hip surgery and also off goes completely in one ear and out the other. they have orders.

so now at the mercy of the "good guys" and the "bad guys", some are on time and some aren't. mistakes all the time. i'm looking at some time in november to get out. worrying because I have to be cleared for driving.

it's not just me. most who have surgery and are elderly[ more so than me] come in an anesthesia alternated reality. we are cruel to our elderly - as much as they have given us, we are spoiled and put them "away". now it's the baby boomers turn.

i'm not trying to be negative - it's hard to find the positive in this experience. but you have to at least think about it. sitting at the OT table with the stroke patients who were older than me, i found myself doing the same thing they were, very distracted by the beautiful outside window, staring at the sky.

life is worth fighting for. i was almost thinking it wasn't.

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote