Thread: the nerve
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 05:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

hi Eva,
That's really crappy to hear that your doctor is behaving like that. It's hard to find a doctor that really cares about the well being of all his/her patients. I understand they only hear people complain all day, but that is the profession they chose, and not many people need a surgeon unless they are feeling crappy, so it is the nature of their business. I think that he should have a little compassion and caring, but it seems that he only treats you like a number. Very sad.

You are doing everything you can to fix things, so that's a good thing, there are some things we just don't have any control over. Sometimes our pain is one of those.

I'm still stressing about returning to work also, since I too am having a lot of pain in my right hand and have little use of it. My job is 100% use of my hand (graphic designer) so my career is on the line. I got my EMG results on Tuesday and it shows 2 more compressions, one on the ulnar nerve in my elbow area and another on the median nerve in my wrist. They are only mild, but I was told by the neurologist if I continue to do repetitive motions they will worsen and 2 more surgeries will be needed. I don't want any more surgery, so for now I an wearing yet another brace and continuing with physio to see if relief can be had. The neurosurgeon will decide my fate of returning to work on Dec. 15th when I see him next. My worker's comp rep says it's entirely up to the neuro and what he puts down on my functional abilities form as to whether I return to work or not. So in a way, they are like Gods because they are put in this position of power over other's lives. He gets to decide the outcome of my future. Luckily I do have a good relationship with him and my hubby always comes to all my appts. with me. So he will speak up when I'm not heard.

It's a stressful thing what we are going through, not a day goes by when we're not worried about our health, money, working, coping, daily tasks, etc... but others do have it much worse and I count my blessings everyday for the things that I can do.

Hope you have a nice weekend.
Take care,
Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote