View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 12:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I want to thank you all for your responses so far. It is so refreshing to find people who will continue to accept me when my mood or behavior changes. I appreciate your invitations for PMs and will follow up on that soon.

I called my school's counseling center today... they said that in order to switch therapists I have to talk to the Director. Kind of bureaucratic, but oh well - hopefully they let me switch.

I start my new meds tomorrow. I talked to my doctor today and apparently having those couple of glasses of wine while on my last medication may have contributed to the side effects. Maybe, maybe not. I was on some pain meds last year after I was in a car crash and I had serious drowsiness issues on that medication. I couldn't even stay awake in a car ride or a dimly-lit room. Perhaps I am just highly susceptible to side effects. Hopefully not.

It is really something that I can tell you guys more than I can tell my friends from school and work. Such an interesting world we live in.

I'm aware of how painful and tragic a suicide can be to the family. Earlier, I had wanted to "fall" off a high waterfall or cliff. I am adventurous and love the outdoors - and people know that about me - so suicide would not have been suspected. The problem was I don't have the right geography near me, nor do I have a car to drive elsewhere. I couldn't think of anything else that would look like a true accident.

@thelonely1 We do seem to have a lot in common. I think everything you described about yourself describes me as well.

Again, I appreciate all of your comments. For now, I am going to post a poem I wrote while I was having troubles with my ex-best friend. (This will mark the first time I've shared a poem as well.) Hopefully it means something to you and is something some of you can relate to.

Endlessly...
07/18/2011

Regrets, I have many
And I could name a few.
But the love of your heart
Kept me warm and secure.

Comfortable to talk and share
With no secrets, shame, or fear.
We cared dearly - as much as we could talk -
Endlessly...

Without hesitation
I saw the thread of your heart
And followed it ever-closer.
Without hesitation
You pulled on the thread of my own.
Oh! How close-knit we were!

This love remains forever
In this forlorn heart of mine
And it will grow forevermore
For within me, you are entwined.

Mistakes, I have made.
The longing and the despair!
Torn by my ill thoughts
The ones I could not bear.

How far away are you?
Through the distance I can feel
You're still warm without my being there.
Now you are far away.
You need me no longer.
Oh! But this love will not subside!
F1D0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (10-23-2011), Alffe (10-22-2011), barbo (10-22-2011), ginnie (10-24-2011), Koala77 (10-23-2011), Lara (10-22-2011), thelonely1 (10-22-2011)