View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Thanks for the well wishes SnooZQ, I really appreciate it. And the words of wisdom about his hormones, that is what the neurologist said at our appt monday. His p-doc has decreased his abilify because of suspected Akathisia and we're looking at just over a week of him being on the decreased dosage.

It's getting better then it was last week. He's been so restless and not wanting to sit down that I have to wonder if he really did have Akathisia. It seems like he might have had it and it's getting better, but who really knows? We don't go to see the p-doc again until April but that's not so far away.

We have been using fish oils and B12 with some good results, but that's as far as we've gone, no special dieting other then low carb dieting for awhile but that was also for seizure control, or attempted seizure control. He still needs medication for that. I am feeling a little less stressed today because he's calming down somewhat from how he was this morning, but all last week it was terrible.

I knew puberty wasn't going to be a picnic but sheesh it's definitely going to be a bumpy ride if this is any indication. Thanks everyone for the moral support, I really feel better having posted about it. It's been awhile since I posted I know, but I wanted to reach out to you all here and see if you had any advice.
Pamster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote