View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 03:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default About Whey

SnooZQ,

I really don't know about the research. What I've read has been based on Immunocal. I believe that most all whey proteins would help raise glutathione levels. I would guess that there is a difference between the various products' effectiveness. Immunocal, ImuPlus, ImmunePro, and GSH Plus are able to charge a huge premium for their products.

According to the GSH Plus literature the active components are "Concentrations of 3 bioactive proteins contained in the milk serum: Thermolabiles, serum albumin, alpha lactalbumin and lactoferrin."

Furthermore, "In the manufacturing of other whey proteins several things happen: in the process of heating and pasteurization critical bonds holding the cysteine molecules together are broken, thus destroying or diminishing the very proteins that serve to raise glutathione levels most effectively. We've developed a process by which these delicate proteins remain intact in their natural form to serve us most effectively."

I am using Fat Flush Whey Protein because their process does not denature these "delicate proteins." By the way, Fat Flush Whey Protein is sweetened with stevia and inulin.

About your son's Designer Whey Protein. If you go to the News and Press section on their website and click on "Whey - Protein's Role," you will read that in the portion of Designer Whey Protein made up of WPI whey protein isolate, "obtained using a unique pressure-driven ultra-filtration technology. The company says that WPI fractionated by pressure-driven ultra-filtration keeps intact components such as glycomacropeptide, which can aid dieters in curbing and controlling their cravings, as well as the anti-bacterial lactoperoxidase and the anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, immune system-boosting fraction lactoferrin."

If you click on "Why Whey" in the "Whey Information" section you will read in section "4" that, "Also, in recently released clinical blood tests, hard-training athletes stacking 6 scoops of DESIGNER WHEY per day increased glutamine blood levels an incredible 15% during a sustained 28 day training period (1). These blood tests are even more remarkable considering glutamine levels have been shown to drop 55% after an intense workout. Even a 26% drop in glutamine levels results in an 11% decrease in protein synthesis, and therefore, a decrease in muscle growth (2)."

Glutamine is a precurser to glutathione, so there's a good chance that Designer Whey helps with building up glutathione levels too. Especially because he is probably consuming large amounts of Designer Whey, he is also getting a lot of the bioactive ingredients that go into building up glutathione levels.

You may also be interested in this article titled, "Augmenting Glutathione in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome"

http://phoenix-cfs.org/Glutathione%2...20in%20CFS.htm

Here's another thought. Donna Gates, who developed the Body Ecology Diet believes that "Body Ecology has a much more valuable approach for unlocking the mystery of autism. Our theory is that the missing piece lies deep within the intestinal walls and includes conquering systemic fungal and viral infections.
Indeed I believe autistic children are suffering from a gut and brain infection that creates neurological dysfuction, which can be corrected with time. The research needs to be focused in this direction, rather than focusing on mercury." By boosting glutathione, the Designer Whey Powder may help your son to fight gut and brain infections and thus improve his health. Here is Donna Gate's article, "The Myths and Truths of the Mercury/Autism Connection":

http://www.bodyecology.com/06/11/23/...connection.php

I am taking olive leaf extract, and now undenatured whey protein powder because I believe I have a measles or some other chronic viral infection in my gut.

Last edited by wasabi; 03-21-2007 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Added Here's another thought
wasabi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote