View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 11:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had a 7 day trial and I had really sharp intense pain in my back where the wires were coming out 5 out of 7 days (the last two days the pain was definitely still there, but it was less intense and my back was finally less tender as well). The pain in my back was not fun at all, but I felt it was worth it completely due to the relief in my knees and legs that I was getting from the stimulator.

After the leads were removed, I had some mild soreness in my back for about 6 days and then it went away. I think part of this, though, is because the resident who took my stitches out didn't really know what he was doing. I've never had so much pain from having stitches removed and at one point he even got one of them stuck. I think my pain would've gone away sooner after if it wasn't for this.

During the trial I was active, maybe too much but I wanted to make the most of the week. I was in physical therapy the same day it was in doing a decent amount of exercises, which a lot of people probably wouldn't advise but I made it through ok. The next day I think I pushed it too much though between sitting in classes for 3 hours, driving to and from school and to and from physical therapy, and then going to an induction ceremony in the evening.

Hope this answers your question!
yellow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
alt1268 (10-22-2011), Rrae (10-23-2011)