View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 11:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default CRPS/RSD in Right Arm Only: Supposed Result of Ulnar Nerve Decompression Surgery

Hello All,
First and foremost it is uplifting to find such an encouraging group of honest people. I think the internet is a mixed blessing a lot of times, with all the horror stories.
Our story:
My husband with diagnosed with RSD/CRPS in his right arm only. He had an ulnar nerve decompression and carpal tunnel surgery (both at the same time) on the arm about 1.5 years ago and his PM doctor believes that this is what lead to where he is today. He has just began heavy narcotic treatment, as he refused it for the last year, until the pain became to where he could no longer bear it and the sympathetic nerve blocks didn't work. He told the doctor they have 30 days to get him off of the heavy pain meds (he is bent on not living his life on them: i think having a baby due in about a month makes him very nervous about being in the right 'frame of mind'; but whereever he is at the point, our family will make sure we all get through it together; he is such a wonderful person! I am so blessed.). Regardless, right now we are on the road to him getting his trial SCS done in the next 1-2 weeks. I have seen a mix of posts about what kind of pain relief different people have received/not received from it, all good info. But my main question is has anyone here had it done for this type of CRPS/RSD; just one limb affected in a very specific area?
Any info or personal stories shared would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for reading!
MrsBatman
mrandmrsbat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote