View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 12:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
I have had three Neuro-Psychological Assessments over the last 10 years. The first thing you should be thinking is simple. You want the various tests to accurately show you current condition. If you have a difficult time doing any of the tests, that is to be expected.

There is only one test you want a high score on. It is the validity/malingering test. It shows you are not trying to scam the system. The rest of the tests should show your struggles. If you fall apart trying to do them, that is OK.

Just try to relax and do what you can, nothing more and nothing less.

Remember, a good result will show the neurologist how you are really doing.

And one more point, the validity/malingering test is usually 'hidden' in the rest of the tests. You will not be able to tell, "Oh, this is the validity/malingering test. I need to do good on it." That is a big part of how validity/malingering tests work.

So, just do what you can and if you overload, explain it to the tester and go on.

My best to you.
My gosh...I never heard of such a thing....I would think faking an illness like this is awful. I guess I never imagined people would fake this.....but I guess they do....thanks for the info....I will strive to do my best.....This is one test I want to ace.....
xxxxcrystalxxxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote