View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 01:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile rsd hypothyroidism,parry-romberg syndrome

Hi my name is tracy I have had rsd for ten yrs I got mine when I went to the Er for kidney stones and the pain meds in the IV reacted with the sympathetic nerve and gave me my rsd i have had my ovaries removed because of inflamation to them they first told me i had cancer because they thought they had tumors but it was just the swelling then my galbladder for same reason in 08 half my thyroid for same reason since then it dos not mater what thyroid meds we try they do not work now the other side is swelling i am not only in my rsd pain but from the thyroid I cannot walk without help my muscles burn,cramping,throbbing then if i sit to long in a chair when i get up I have horrible tremors in my legs when we do get the medicine to work all this goes away but only for about three weeks then the thyroid starts fighting the medicine and i am back to the pain all over I also have had my appendix removed when they did this my intestines where so swollen and infected i had to be cut open they could not see my appendix i now have ulcers as well and another very rare syndrome over the past five yrs the left side of my face has atrophied so i look horrible and the insurance will not fix it they call it cosmetic the big problem is that this syndrome is so rare it is a orphan disease called parry-romberg syndrome so i have been through alot from my rsd i hope i can help someone who is going through the same i go nov3 to biopsy this side of my thyroid to see if it is cancer and then go from there but i know that the rsd is just attacking my organs so i am not sure which one it will attack next
jonestra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote