View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 03:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
If you have normal kidneys, the supplements we use here are pretty benign. I don't recommend anything problematic.

ALA is made by your own body. If that starts to fail, the ALA supplement takes over. There is a decade of research on ALA on PubMed...take a look for yourself.

You need to read up a bit on your own and learn about things involving nerves, and how they function.
This thread for example:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread121683.html

The drugs people take for PN that they get from their doctors are potentially far more serious than any supplement here.

What I see basically from your posts, is a long term use of Nexium. Then use of SSRIs. Then several invasive mechanical tests involving instrumentation. Be aware that "scopes" used in testing have been contaminated and patients have suffered just from that.
And then after all that, you have a NEW symptom!
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00015286.htm

http://blogs.hcpro.com/osha/2010/09/...paign=20100901

This is alarming, and may not be your problem, but you have to realize your current issues have resulted AFTER your procedures.

So if taking ALA or other supplements worry you, then don't.

We offer information here for people to evaluate for themselves.
Several of us know where to find the current research and we share it here. It saves you time, but in no way do we intend for you to follow it all blindly.

Sometimes it is difficult to be objective, and the fresh eyes here can see what you can't. Your first post went into great detail about your testing. I think that is very interesting and revealing and may be a huge clue to your current problems.

I will say I saw recently on another thread of yours, that you went to a masseuse--more than once? I had a masseuse once trigger my shingles ganglia...which for me is in my neck (the shingles went down my right arm initially and that is where my pain is). I'd stay away from massage for a while, to see if that triggered you.
How would the scopes that I had cause the burning in my back?
I am greatful for your help in advising me what Vitamins to take and I have already started to take them for 3 days now. Reason why I asked about blood test to ensure nothing would get out of kilter is because about 6 months ago I was taking B12 500mcg and B6 50 Mg for about 4 months and after getting my B12 and B6 levels checked my B12 was like 1050 and range was from 200-1000 and B6 was 150 and range was 25-125 so I stopped taking them. I just want to avoid having too much in my system.I weaned off LExapro and am just on 1200mg of gabapentin.

I am really at loss as to why I have this god forsaken burning my my back and lower neck. I hope these supplements help but its not like I am defiecent. Plus I dont have any evidence of nerve damage.
bent98 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote