View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 05:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default mixing people's cells-their own, or with someone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula_w View Post
pharmacies would be scrambling for pd drugs if they found a way to replace the cells. An opinion explained to me by a PT and it makes sense. the problem is the infighting.....and everyone wanting their own way. they need to dig deep and find out whether we have our own capability.

For all the alternative, anti chemical thought today - not just here but all over, why would we want to mix peoples cells? Ten years from now, we might discover...oops the cells aren't as blank as we thought,

we must just DO IT. obviously my generation missed the boat. Actually the boat hasn't sailed yet...isn't even built. maybe we should go underground....
Thanks for this Paula, I'm not clear, though, on what you mean by mixing cells...do you mean mixing cells from one person with those of another (a bad idea IMHO) or taking one's own cells and somehow mixing them? I'm all for that, actually, and if we found out in ten years that there were things with doing that that were actually not so good, well, that PWP who mixed his cells within himself would have had ten years (or more) of relief from this damn disease, hopefully, and doesn't that happen with drugs out there all the time now anyway? New drug comes out, sounds great, oops, we learn later that it gives people heart attacks...or worse.

Until something comes along, like you said, that seriously cuts into the so-lucrative-there's-no-incentive-to-develop-anything-else drugs, nothing will move forward. I'm also very much interested in Jannetta's theory of vascular compression in PD, which would have enormous impact if shown to be beneficial for even a small percentage of PWP.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote