View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 07:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Husband Lost Job, Now I Need Medicare Prescription Coverage

I'll make this as short as I can..... After 17 years of employment my husband lost his job on Friday due to downsizing. I'm on SSDI due to MG and have Medicare Part A and B but never enrolled in Prescription Coverage because I was insured under my husbands policy. His insurance plan had EXCELLENT coverage which allowed me to receive IVIG in the comfort of my own home by a Home Nurse who is not only a wonderful nurse but also has become a wonderful friend. Hubby's insurance coverage was so good to us that I've never had to pay one cent out of pocket for any of my infusions and I've been getting them for over 5 years.

Well, sadly that has come to an end. I have until October 31st to enroll in a prescription drug plan with Medicare and to be honest, I'm very confused. I have no idea who will cover IVIG or what I will have to pay

If anyone on here has Medicare and receives IVIG could you please advise where I should begin? Do I contact my Neuro to ask them which medicare prescription drug plans cover IVIG? Do I call Medicare and ask them to assist me?

The rug has been pulled out from under us (especially me in regards to my health coverage) ...Please Help
Shari_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote