View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 08:02 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

OP, I don't mean to hijack your thread, but...

fmichael,

I keep wavering back and forth about the SCS myself, for the last 5 years or so. Everytime I get up the nerve to attempt the trial, WC stalls the process, and I eventually chicken out.

After going to Praeger for a consult on Ketamine, he pushed for the SCS and his month long detox program. He didn't offer outpatient Ketamine and quoted me what I can only assume was inpatient, all the while trying to discourage me. I don't trust him at this point. He even denied having patient's have spread caused by the SCS... I've had confirmation that this was b.s. Considering this guy is supposed to be one of the best RSD docs in the U.S., it's more than a little disheartening.

So, in your opinion, should the SCS ever be attempted by RSD patients? Does it ever lead to remission? How often does it cause it spread?

My doc considers Ketamine a last resort. I have to say I'm probably more scared of full body spread, than death at this point. Still, the idea of the SCS significantly reducing my pain, and improving the quality of my life, is VERY tempting.

If you've posted the info before, I'll be happy to go through your older posts--I get side tracked every time I attempt to, you do provide such great info! If you know roughly how far back, that would be a great help.

Thank you once again!

Sincerely,

LL
Founding Member of the fmichael Fan Club.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote